Black and white photo is from the KIngs Mountain Kiwanis charter ceremony and dinner for the Kings Mountain Kiwanis Club on April 12, 1940. The photo shows a representative from the club presenting the official charter to the organization. Seated behind them, with face obscured, is Mrs. Crook. The club began in 1920 as the Kings Mountain Business Men's Club; in 1940 the club opted to become a part of the nationally recognized Kiwanis Club. The club was officially chartered on March 7, 1940.