Structure date 1882. Built in 1882, this building served as the public school for the residents of the Grassy Springs community until 1900. The school stood on Whetstone Creek Road and was donated to Rockingham Community College by Frances Gann Hall in 1997. The school was restored during the winter of 1999-2000. The interior was furnished in memory of Rockingham County educator Lucy McCargo Rankin (1908-1998) by her family, friends and the Rockingham County Historical Society in 2000. Located SR 2148 Whetstone Creek Rd., Mayo Township.