A folder containing photos, documents and materials about The Cedars. Built in 1859-1860 by Rev. John Francis Speight and his wife, the first of their family to move to Edgecombe County, it was passed down to family members until 1935. Documents in the folder include newspaper clippings about The Cedars and the Speight family, papers and correspondence about restoration, floor plans, and more. There are exterior and interior photos included and many highlight specific furniture inside the house. Many are undated, some are dated November 8, 2001.