This twelve-page special edition proudly featured the first-built library for Union County, North Carolina. The library began in 1930 in a room on the upper floor of today’s Historic Courthouse. The “new” building was only four years old at the time of publication. Photos by Linn E. Joy of Wingate College graced the pages and showed everything possible from the Bookmobile to innovative lighting, the “talking books” to the lending art collection. A history of the library as well as brief histories for the branches was also included.