Source: "Union Ridge is Place of Worship Since 1776" by Don Bolden in Burlington Times-News March 1, 1990. The church celebrates 1815 as its official founding because of a land deed record for the meeting house, but it's known that services were held well before then. The church pictured is a concrete block structure that was constructed about 1908 using a stove door as a mold. Dr. W. C. Wicker preached the first sermon in it. It was replaced in 1958. This concrete church is pictured on page 35 of "The Church on the Ridge: Historical Sketch of Union Meeting House Now Union Ridge United Church of Christ"