Preview

Description

Charlotte's first synagogue, the Hebrew United Brotherhood, was erected in 1916 at 409 West 7th Street (now Fourth Ward). There were twenty-five families in the original congregation. William Greenberg, who came in the 1930s was the first English-speaking Rabbi. The Seventh Street Synagogue was sold to the Mormons; the building is no longer standing.

Details

Files

Actions

Comments

Downloads Statistics

from
to
Download Full History