Structure date circa 1837. Store at the George D. Boyd (b.1797-1886) plantation. At it's height, the plantation was comprised of about 1,100 acres of land along Piney Creek in south central Rockingham County and included farmland, a general store, a grist mill and a saw mill. The store was created by joining a log structure, which may have been part of the original house on the property, with a frame structure. The store was in operation until c.1862. It was later used as a packhouse for the storage of tobacco. The log portion was destroyed by a storm in the 1980s and the frame portion was blown down in 1995. Located SR 2409 Boyd Rd., Simpsonville Township.