Located on the George D. Boyd (b.1797-1886)plantation. At it's height, the plantation was comprised of about 1,100 acres of land along Piney Creek in south central Rockingham County and included farmland, a general store, a grist mill and a saw mill. This frame house was the home of millers who ran Boyd's mill, and was later a farm tenant's home. Located Off Miller's Chapel Rd. west side of Hester's Lake, Simpsonville Township.