Located on the George D. Boyd (b.1797-1886)plantation. At it's height, the plantation was comprised of about 1,100 acres of land along Piney Creek in south central Rockingham County and included farmland, a general store, a grist mill and a saw mill. The office has some Federal style features and may be older than the main house. It was used to conduct farm and mill business. Located SR 2409 Boyd Rd., Simpsonville Township.