Preview

Description

Erwin Mills donated land for six houses of worship, with four founded in 1901: Cooleemee Baptist Church (with the largest congregation), Good Shepherd Episcopal, Cooleemee Methodist, and Cooleemee Presbyterian. Friendship Baptist (1905) and Erwin Temple CME (1928) followed. With pot bellied stoves for heat, these earliest wood churches each burned and rebuilt in brick.

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to