Preview

Description

Built by J.A. Daniel in 1927, Frank Fowler took over the operation in 1937. The theatre closed in 1963 after 36 years in business. Lee Waters of Lexington, who made a series of films in Davie County in the 1930s and 1940s, took the above photograph about 1957, picturing from left to right Gwynn Meroney, Otis Hendrix, Freddie Young and Ethel Fowler. (Courtesy of Gwynn Meroney.)

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to