Preview

Description

Residents used brush brooms to sweep their dirt yards, like these lining the Center Street hill toward the cotton mill below. The mill company regularly painted the houses inside and out, and installed electric power in 1927 and indoor plumbing in 1932. (Courtesy of Textile Heritage Center at Cooleemee.)

Details

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download
Action Filename Size Access Description License