Proprietors of the Mocksville Telephone Exchange. By 1902, the telephone switchboard was being moved from the L.G. Horn residence to the Weant building with Miss Sally Atchison in charge of the central office. Sometime later, the Horn Telephone Company office moved to the second floor of the Horn Johnson building. Two operators split exchange duty with ten hour shifts. In 1931, the exchange moved again to the Southern Bank building. In 1958, the exchange was replaced with dial service and the office moved to Gaither Street.