Preview

Description

The first train stopped in Davie County at the Advance Depot on May 8, 1891. Many members of the community came on horseback and in horse and buggy to see the big "Iron Horse." The depot also provided a social gathering place for the community on Sunday afternoons. Four passenger trains and two freight trains ran every day. Gus Allison served as the first depot agent. The railroad closed the depot and the building was torn down in 1953. (Courtesy of Edith Shutt Zimmerman.)

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to