Judge Richmond Pearson built the home in the early 1800s. After Pearson relocated to Yadkin County, other occupants of the home included Eliza Pearson Beatty, Thomas Gaither, Abner Kelly, William Jones, and Frank Brown. The home operated as Ingleside Hunting Lodge around 1900, catering to sportsmen from the North during quail shooting season. In 1902, the Johnstone Family purchased the house. The home, which stood at North Main and Gaither Streets, was demolished by Knox Johnstone to build the Bank of Davie, which merged with Branch Banking & Trust in 1967.