Preview

Description

The Davie County National Guard Medical Company formed in February 1947 with 49 original members and received its charter on September 29, 1947. Dr. William M. Long served as the first commander until honorably discharged in 1951. Dr. and Mrs. Lester P. Martin, Sr. donated land for construction of the unit's first armory, with a provision that title would revert to the Martins when the National Guard no longer needed the property. A new armory was constructed in the early 1970s. The unit parades down Main Street in the photograph. (Courtesy of Carol and Lisa LeGrand.)

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download Full History