Preview

Description

Dr. R.P. Anderson built the service station, one of the oldest in Mocksville, in 1920, and sold it to Pure Oil Company in 1931. Albert Boger became a partner in the station with Grady Ward in 1946, operating as B & W Service. Sam Howard later bought Ward's share of the business and the station operated as Boger & Howard. The station became Boger Pure Service in 1954. Albert Denton Boger purchased the property from the Pure Oil Company in 1965 and the Boger brothers expanded the business into a fuel oil distribution company. The photograph dates to around 1951. (Courtesy of Dean Allen.)

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

Downloads Statistics

from
to