Old school district documents that were found in the Dr. Henry Hardy Simpson house across from A-O School prior to the house being torn down. They date from approximately 1903 and 1904 and represent records of the public schools in Morton Township, Alamance County. Dr. Simpson was a medical doctor in the Altamahaw community who died around 1959. It is unclear how the documents came into his keeping. The four teacher contracts are for teachers in white school houses and the list of students is for the school for Black children in the district. The small school houses in this district that were consolidated into Altamahaw-Ossipee School in 1922 include: Altamahaw School, Ossipee School, Isley School, Oakwood School, Maywood School, Gilliam's Academy and part of the Stoney Creek School. It is unclear to which school the teachers under contract were assigned. All teacher contacts were at a certain rate of pay per month or "until all per capita funds are expended." (Description provided by Lisa Kobrin.