Preview

Description

James H. Cain wrote the College of Physicians and Surgeons in Baltimore, Maryland requesting a physician to practice in the Cana community in 1894. Dr. John William Rodwell accepted and relocated to Cana to practice general medicine. In 1904, Dr. Rodwell moved to Mocksville and opened a practice first in his home on Salisbury Street, then in a building on the site of Horn's Service Station, then in the Masonic Building, and lastly in the Sanford Building. The photo shows Dr. Rodwell in his Sanford Building office during the 1920s. (Courtesy of Betty Etchison West.)

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download Full History