Located on Cherry Street, the school was built in 1910 and paid for by town bonds. The six room school opened in the fall of 1911 with classes for grades one through five. Professor Henry Pardue served as the first principal. The faculty consisted of Pattie Battle and Linda Clement. The building was remodeled in 1976 for administrative offices of the Davie County school system.