Preview

Description

The town of Mocksville originated from a village or mustering ground known as "Mocks Old Field," believed to have been named for Andrew Mock who owned part of the land on which the town grew. 1810 saw the establishment of a post office at Mocks Old Field, with the name changed to Mocksville between 1823 and 1826.

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

Downloads Statistics

from
to
Download Full History