Preview

Description

The school opened in 1888 by Professor John D. Hodges. It was sold at public auction in September 1897 to the North Carolina Yearly Meeting of Friends, who conducted a boarding school and held services in one room of the school building. After 1900, the Quakers discontinued the mission and the school. The abandoned building was then used for storage until struck by lightning and burned on July 18, 1917. (Courtesy of John Fuller.)

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

Downloads Statistics

from
to
Download Full History