Preview

Description

Transcription: "Goldsboro Schools on N. William St. 1910 – 1st and 3rd Buildings built in 1903 foruse as Elementary Classes – The Middle Building built in 1857 as the Wayne Female College closed in 1862 to become a Hospital for the Confederate Army. When the war ended in Goldsboro after the battle of Bentonsville March 20 1865 it became a Hospital for the Federal Army until 1868 when the College reopened as the Goldsboro Female College until 1883 it became part of Goldsboro Public Schools. Raised in 1927."

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to