Caption: "Construction work on Dr. Sloop's second hydro-electric dam on the Linville River about 1920. This masonry dam replaced the original log dam built by Alex A. Johnson, 1912-13. Shown in this picture, left to right: Randall Pyatte (seated), Dodge Hoilman, Burney Pyatte, & Mitt Pyatte."; In the twenties, Dr. Eustace Sloop ordered a 2,300 pound "dynamo" for a site at the dam and sent the first electricity to the hill. Later, he would rewind the coils to produce alternating current.