In 1956 on the way home from The Continental Congress, the Crossnore D.A.R. Chapter members decided the organization needed a log chapter house. After a long search, an old cabin was found in Little Plumtree Creek. The cabin, owned by Noah Web, was built from logs that had been hewed in 1900. In December of 1957 the cabin was taken apart and moved to the campus of Crossnore School and reassembled. The first meeting in the restored cabin was held on October 12, 1959.