Preview

Description

Constructed circa 1921 with $1,000. in assistance from Sears Roebuck president Julius Rosenwald's philanthropic fund, for the purpose of educating local Black children while providing student-teaching opportunities to State Colored Normal School students. The Craftsman-style building was located across Parkview Drive from campus until the 1950s, when it was moved on-campus. At various times it housed cosmetology programs, the Laboratory Kindergarten, and the school laundry.

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

Downloads Statistics

from
to
Download Full History