Preview

Description

The National Register of Historic Places includes the old jail, built in 1839. Henry R. Austin, architect of the original courthouse, also designed the jail with jailers' living quarters on the first floor and the second floor divided into cell blocks. Used as a jail until 1909, Gaston E. Horn then converted the building to a private residence. Hugh S. Larew restored the building in 1970.

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download Full History