Preview

Description

Named for the settlement known as Mocks Old Field, Mocksville incorporated in 1839. Civic leaders erected the courthouse in the center of the one and one half acres set aside as a public square and business district. The business center of town shifted to the downtown square from present-day Salisbury Street. Town limits radiated one half mile in every direction from the new courthouse.

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download Full History