Preview

Description

To teach business to young boys, John D. Hodges in 1894 established the college in a brick building on Cherry Hill Road, with 2,500 square feet, a pyramidal roof, and square bell tower. $36 paid for three months' tuition, room, and board. The business school closed in the early 1900s and the building turned into a boarding house. Now a private residence, the building represents Davie County on the National Historic Register (2000).

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download Full History