Preview

Description

Organized in 1767, Joppa Presbyterian Church began in the southeast section of a graveyard. The church moved to the town of Mocksville in 1834, leaving the cemetery neglected for many years. Preservation of the cemetery fell under the auspices of Joppa Cemetery, Inc. when the church deeded the cemetery to the organization in 1951. The cemetery continues as an important historical destination for many visitors to Mocksville.

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download Full History