Preview

Description

The mill built over 360 houses, most with four rooms and a lot large enough for a garden and smokehouse. Residents hauled water to each home from community pumps. From the 1920s until 1953, when the mill offered to sell the houses, rent remained at 25 cents per room per week. After World War II, paving replaced the dirt streets packed with coal cinders.

Details

Actions

Comments

from
to
Download
Action Filename Size Access Description License