Preview

Description

Murphy Street Black Business District: this picture, taken in 1940 looking from the construction site of the Murphy Street Post Office (former location of Greasy Bill’s Restaurant), shows (left to right) the JL Roberts building, then Press Byrd’s Café, the John Gentry Barber Shop, Jethro Franklin’s Shoe Shine, and the Pressing Club. To the right in the picture, with a tin roof, is the Livery Stable.

Details

Files

Action Filename Size Access Description License
Show more files...

Actions

Comments

from
to