R H Lewis established his tobacco company on his father John Penn Lewis’s farm in 1843. The property was located on the south side of what later became the town of Stoneville. In 1873 R H Lewis built a new factory building inside town. Reverse side reads: "Old Hagwood Lewis plug factory and warehouse (Farmer) on Henry Street, Stoneville. Site now (1976) occupied by Moore’s Supermarket and adjacent parking lot – next to depot lot. Building sold to TJ Glenn 1902."