White Pine School, Montford’s Cove Township, ca. 1923. Shown here is the second school building; the first was built in 1894. The school was consolidated with Sugar Hill School in 1929. Left to right: (first row) Bertha Gilbert, Jack Wilkerson, Stancil Nanney, Delbert Harris, Winslow Ledford, Dora Wilkerson Stott; (second row) Morris Wilkerson, Nora Harris, Edna Harris, Bertie Wilkerson, Mable McCutty, Clarabelle Gilbert, Hazel Nanney; (third row) Lester Ledford, Harriet McCurry, Fred Flynn, Dora Harris, Worth Harris, Una Ledbetter, Fannie Wilkerson, Monnie Ledbetter, Teacher Goodloe Haney.