Dr. R.P. Anderson built the service station, one of the oldest in Mocksville, in 1920, and sold it to Pure Oil Company in 1931. Albert Boger became a partner in the station with Grady Ward in 1946, operating as B & W Service. Sam Howard later bought Ward's share of the business and the station operated as Boger & Howard. The station became Boger Pure Service in 1954. Albert Denton Boger purchased the property from the Pure Oil Company in 1965 and the Boger brothers expanded the business into a fuel oil distribution company.