Copy of a photograph lent to the library by Terry Carson, taken by Billy Carson.;Boys playing football on Main Street, Lillington. According to Billy Ray Matthews, before 1950 the only building on the block was the Sinclair Service Station. There was a fenced-in area containing Northam Motor Company's used cars, as well as two large billboards. Glenn Johnson was the first operator of the Sinclair Station. And when the circus came to town, this is where the Big Top went.