Preview

Description

author unknown; copy of a photograph lent by Marie Salmon.;Sheriff Salmon on his horse, Nell, in front of the old courthouse. Silas was sheriff from 1898 to 1904 The town hall was the old Salmon house where Silas lived with his wife Mary Louise and their three children: Bill, Neill, and Frances (Neill and Frances were twins). As part of division of properties after the death of Mary Louise (1925), the house went to Frances Salmon. Frances married O.S. Atkins and they lived there. After the death of O.S. Atkins, Frances Salmon Atkins continued to live there until her death (1986). The house was inherited by her daughter, Frances Atkins Maus. 1997 it was bought by the town of Lillington and became the Town Hall. (Information provided by Marie Salmon)

Details

Files

Actions

Comments

Downloads Statistics

from
to
Download Full History