One of the oldest known dwellings in Davie County, the house is believed to have been built in the early 1800s by Benjamin Eaton. Reverend Peter Eaton acquired the land in 1786 and named his nephew Benjamin as heir to the land. Benjamin married Amelia Fox in 1808. Miss Phoebe Eaton, the last occupant, left the house to the county as an historic landmark. The house contains some handwrought hardware and a Georgian style mantel.