The home, believed to have been built by Giles Pearson, stood on Salisbury Street. In 1853, John Marshall Clement and his bride moved into the house and lived there for seven years. Later the Adams Family lived in the house. After the death of James Adams, his wife Amanda married Dr. Marshall Bell. When Dr. Bell moved to another house on North Main Street, he sold this house to William Sanford. The house was eventually sold to Roy Carter.