The home, located on Salisbury Street, was believed to have been built in 1800 by Cannon Brown. Thomas and Margaret (Brinegar) Brown occupied the house soon after their marriage in 1829. The town condemned and demolished the house in 1971. When the outer boards were removed from the home, workers found that the original house consisted of a simple two story structure measuring 21 by 17 feet. Typical of the early period, the original house had one room downstairs and one upstairs.