The Greek Revival brick house was built in the late 1850s for A. A. Harbin, who served as Clerk of the Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions from 1858-1860. Harbin married Emma J. Brown, daughter of Thomas Brown. In 1939, the house was sold to Dr. William Matthews Long, a chief-of-staff at Davie County Hospital. Tradition maintains that the interior woodwork was done by Henry R. Call, a local carriage and furniture maker.